When I first typed “Things to do in Male” into Google, Thilafushi came up as a ‘point of interest’. Sorry, my beloved Google, but visiting rubbish island really doesn’t cut the mustard as a leisure activity. Instead, here’s a quick ideas list of activities aimed at expats (or perhaps tourists bored of looking at cheap shoes and fake coral).
- Nashee Cakes offers a cake decorating course
- Heat Health and Fitness is a gym with Les Mills fitness classes and yoga
- Sea Explorers offer diving courses…
- And so does Maldivers
- Traders Hotel has an indoor gym on their top floor which you can buy monthly memberships for
- Xtreme Fitness. Yep, another gym.
- The Alliance Francaise offers regular classes in French and Divehi and occasional classes in French cooking
- Nadiya’s Taste of Maldives offers, surprise, Maldivian cooking classes
Please let me know if you’ve found any other classes and courses in or around Male’. I’d love to add them to the list.